Bromsrör på ENV-bakaxel

Moderatorer

Bromsrör på ENV-bakaxel

Post by 121 »

Jag har letat förgäves efter en officiell bild som visar hur bromsrören ska vara dragna och fästade på en ENV-bakaxel. Är det någon som känner till en sån bild? Nyare bilder på ENV-bakaxlar där bromsrören är orörda skulle också vara intressanta.
Hasse63

Re: Bromsrör på ENV-bakaxel

Post by Hasse63 »

Kollat i länken nedan?
Klicka! :arrow: Forumsregler
Klicka! :arrow: Länksamlingen som har "allt"
Klicka! :arrow: Verkstadshandböcker, typbeteckningar, bilder mm till Amazon
__/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/

Post by 121 »

Jag har tittat i verkstadshandböckerna för bromsar och ENV-bakaxel, men hittar inga bilder som visar rördragningen. Jag har även tittat i en del försäljningsbroschyrer samt sökt efter bilder här i forumet, men tyvärr utan resutat.
lukeball

Post by lukeball »

Hello, here are a few pictures of my own work. The lines were hard to bend, but the brakes work.

Post by 121 »

Thank you Luke. I'm looking for pictures that show how the factory fitted the brake pipes on the rear axle. Do you have pictures of your ENV rear axle with the old brake pipes?
lukeball

Post by lukeball »

Sorry, but I do not have any other pictures. Actually installing the brake lines was the hardest part. I think that you can still buy them pre-bent, but I custom made all my own lines. By "fitted to the rear axle:" in the first picture you can see a distribution block (brass T) that gets mounted directly to the axle via a bolt. On the other side, a metal hose clamp is wrapped around the axle and the brake pipe, in order to hold it in place. Other than that, the brake line just sits on the rear axle.

The hardest part is making the proper bends that go to the wheel cylinders (they are a very tight radius). I recommend buying a brake line bender. Also, I did this install with the axle on the car and it was quite difficult. It may be easier to remove the axle. While you are at it, possibly replace the rear differential oil seal. On a side note, the replacement seals are too thick and they need to be milled down about 4 mm in order to get a good seal.

I am glad to see that someone else owns a ENV rear axle. I have had trouble finding information on them as well.
skrotnisse

Post by skrotnisse »

skickar några bilder hur dom går på min amazon,,är troligen orginal dragning då den vart avställd sen 78
men inget jag kan garantera

Post by 121 »

lukeball wrote:It may be easier to remove the axle. While you are at it, possibly replace the rear differential oil seal. On a side note, the replacement seals are too thick and they need to be milled down about 4 mm in order to get a good seal.

I am glad to see that someone else owns a ENV rear axle. I have had trouble finding information on them as well.
My ENV rear axle is removed from the car. I have sandblasted it, painted it and replaced the seals and bearings. Now I will change most of the brake components. It is common to replace the ENV with Dana 27, but since my car was built with this ENV rear axle I will try to keep it.

Post by 121 »

skrotnisse wrote:skickar några bilder hur dom går på min amazon,,är troligen orginal dragning då den vart avställd sen 78 men inget jag kan garantera
Jättestort tack för de där bilderna, Skrotnisse! De är till mycket stor hjälp för mig nu när jag ska bocka till nya bromsrör och har glömt hur de gamla satt.
skrotnisse

Post by skrotnisse »

roligt och kanse kunna hjälpa till,, är väl det vänstra som eventuellt kan ha nån annan bokning,
dom ser då ut att suttit på samma plats länge