Carpet sets for early Amazons available?

Moderatorer
lukeball

Carpet sets for early Amazons available?

Post by lukeball »

I just purchased a carpet set from VP Autoparts for my 1959 Amazon, and it doesn't fit at all. I have the later 1961 seats installed along with the rear heat vent, but the carpets wouldn't line up. Is there a supplier for the proper carpet set, or do I need to get one custom made?

Luke
Fredrik Lofter

Re: Carpet sets for early Amazons available?

Post by Fredrik Lofter »

From 1961 the cars have the so called "D-body" to fit the physically bigger gearboxes that came that year. This tunnel is bigger and is one reason the carpet set won't fit the pre-1961 cars. Is your car modified anyhow? Newer gearbox maybe? That could be an explanation. Or is the bad fitting more on the seats you have?

Go Buckeyes!

Brgds,

Fredrik
Volvo Amazon 121 | P131341S | 324684 | 97 | 430-595
Titta på och skicka in dina amazonbilder till http://volvoamazonpictures.se
QV

Post by QV »

The rear heat vent came 65 and is locate under the black carpet.

so from 61 to 64 Amazon hade a grey carpet (and no rear heat vent) and from 65 the bigger carpet (black) arrived with place for the rear heat vent.

/Jan

the gray carpet from VP is made in the same mould as the black one
Se upp! Jag är farlig för detta forum. Jag vill nämligen kunna ändra i mina gamla inlägg.
lukeball

Post by lukeball »

I thought the rear heat vent was available before -65, as a factory option. Mine looks almost custom made, but maybe it was an early prototype.

The main problem with the carpet is with the gas pedal, which mounts lower on the floor, so it won't work. The seat brackets are in the correct position, but the carpet doesn't line up with them.

The trunk carpet set fits properly, so that is good. I think that I will get a complete custom carpet set for the car; it is almost the same price as the VP Autoparts version.

Thank you for your help.

Luke