Viking P121 1966 - MY 67 - Poland

Visa din original-amazon. Allt från objekt till pärla. Moderatorer
D Brown

Re: Viking from... Poland

Post by D Brown »

UrAd wrote:I saw volvo 245 in Mölle with 3 of that medals from years 1960, 1970 and 1981, so you have right with your theory :)
Many years ago (about 1992-93) I worked a short while at a metal foundry, one day a very old man with thick glasses came there, he was driving a dark brown 244 GL -79 or -80, at that car there was four medals like that = 40 years without any accident.
His problem was that Trafikförsäkringsanstalterna did´nt give out medals like that anymore, and the man had driven ten more years without any accident.
He solved this problem by removing one of the medals, we casted a copy in aluminium, the old man painted it silver and put it next to the other four medals, now he could show the world that he had 50 years without any accident :lol:

Short after he was out hunting elk, he fired a shot but the elk did´nt die at all, other people had to use dogs to track the wounded elk, they found the elk and could put a end to it´s affliction.
They told the man with the thick glasses that this was the worst shot they ever had seen.
"-I did see it clearly before i shot" ....the old man said.
He who finally shot the elk just shook his head.
The old man looked like he had the world against him, he started his brown Volvo and drove home, the five medals in the front was a clear sign to other motorists to notice that this was a very old motorist.

I hope you could understand my story about the danger of the fifth medal men :wink:
UrAd

Re: Viking P121 1966 - MY 67 - Poland

Post by UrAd »

Yep, your story is clear for me :)

In this winter the main target was to renew all engine parts and engine compartment.
With a heavy heart I started dissasemble all engine, because it was in oryginal state but if you take a look how it was before all, work probably you understood my decision.
It took me two weeks with 12-14hours work.
All parts are repainted or replaced with new pars like e.g. rubber hose
All bolts and metal components are galvanized.

time was short, because my Amazon supported in 29 of January XV start to rallye Monte-Carlo Historique form Varsovie :)
Enjoy!

gudu

Post by gudu »

Really nice, and you looked determined to win. Was this rally in warschaw or was it in monte carlo?

How did you treat the inlet and exaustmanifolds?
UrAd

Post by UrAd »

This rally was started form Warsaw, and we support this wiht static presentation of classic cars.

Regarding inlet and exhaust, I painted this with paint on a picture bellow (but in graphice color) - it does a good job