Volvo Amazon '66 moredoor

Visa din modifierade Amazon. Moderatorer
Jarmo

Volvo Amazon '66 moredoor

Post by Jarmo »

Hello.

At first I apologize for speaking in English, cause I can't speak Swedish unfortunately. I can handle Finnish little bit, if it helps.

I've been reading this forum few years now and today I decided to register myself also.

Little bit 'bout myself for starting:

My name is Jarmo "Chopper" Nuutre, I'm from Tallinn, Estonia.
An ex tattooartist, some of my works are shown there: http://www.plasticwhore.com/pinkbananatattoogallery
Now I'm making a little clothingbrand, called Pink Banana. Designing and handprinting T-shirt's, sweatshirts, etc.
Also making some bands and remixing other peoples tunes. Music is my "deepest" love, I guess.

But enough of me, let's go to the car!

Volvo Amazon, 1966. Four doors, dark blue/primer black/rust-coloured.
Engine is now B20, from Historic Race Volvo 142. Bought it last spring from Finland. It's so-opposed to be "Stage 1", but I don't really know, what's inside this engine.

Body is in pretty bad shape. I will drive it this summer and then will try to repair it, hopefully next winter. We'll see.....
I already bought new side-skirts, inner front wings, all of the floor and rear wheel arches.

I'll try to make a mild-kustom out of it, but this is for the future. At the moment it can be called Hoodride or something like that, I guess.

Today I lowered it a bit more. Spring 2007 I bought Lesjöfors 30mm lowering springs, but that was'nt good enough, so I chopped 'em a bit. I guess the stance is now okay for me, but I will see.
Also tried to adjust the Koni Classic shock absorbers, but since this was my first time adjusting, I did'nt know exactly what was I doing;) At least it's more firm now and that's what I wanted.

Last summer I also got a new "old" set of wheels from Finland, the older Amazon wheels (without the holes) and tonight they are installed together with BF Goodrich wide whitewalls.

Mmm....what else......
The paintjob is pretty ratty, I rattlecanned over the rustholes, for this summer it's good.
Few years ago I did my first scallops on it, but they don't look very nice yet.
I just recently bought my first pinstriping brush also, so I need to learn it too.

Mmmm....ahhh, let's look at the pictures:

When I bought it, December 2004:

Spring 2005:

From behind, spring 2005:

2006 summer, with ugly Mangels wheels....these are just a BIG NO-NO for my taste, but they we're my only ones available at this moment. Also the scalloping is here:

Here we were just finished replacing the engine. May 2007. Still those ugly wheels in front;) Inside the car is my buddy, not me. Also, here is the first drop, 30mm.

This is the gauge I'm planning to install. It's from the old Renault or something like that, I think. Plan is like: gauge is in the middle of dashboard, alone. Slightly tilted to the driver and frenched into the dash a bit. All aother things I'd like to hide under the dash.

New rear brakes:

My singlespeed hoodride:

AND tonight's vanity fair, including more lowering and whitewalls:

I was in the garage til it was too dark to take better pictures, so I will try to make new ones tomorrow and post'em then.

Good bye and thank You!

Jarmo.
hero

Re: Volvo Amazon '66 moredoor

Post by hero »

Awesome awesome awesome!

Welcome Jarmo! No need for apologizing bout the language. Most of us speak english anyways.
And im only speaking for me, but finnish doesnt help me a bit ;)

Its cool to see some cars thats not from sweden. And your car really is appealing me. just my cup of tea :p
In this forum pictures is always, and i mean always, welcome haha!

What is your plans for the future for the car really? New paintjob+ pinstriping?

Theres alot of "amazon masters" in here so on behalf of them; if its anything you want to know, feel free to ask.
And once again, welcome!
Praise the Lowered
Jarmo

Post by Jarmo »

Õukeli-dõukeli, more pics from today (read: with daylight):

The body looks more bad in the daylight, of course...... But for now, I actually even like this look.

@hero - yes, I will do some practice and then I'll try to stripe Volvo too.

Future plans would be something like that:

*maybe chop it a little (1" or 1,5"), just for the mild look
*nosed hood and floating grille
*frenched rear lights, maybe front lights too
*frenched signal lights
*shaved dashboard, with this one gauge
*cartoonish gearshifter
*baby moon hubcaps or bullets or smth like that
*pinstripes, scallops
*two-toned colour, matte and some flake maybe
*twin Weber's or Dellortos with better intake (now there are twin SU's) and better exhaust
*if my wallet says Yes, then bag it maybe in the future, for the even better stance;)
*and some more detailing here'n'there

When will I get down to it - I don't know. I've had this car (and most of these plans) for all of the three years now, and I have done only so little yet.
Jarmo

Post by Jarmo »

Did some pinstriping yesterday. Since it was the third time for me to do womething with stripingbrush, then it's not so good..... but to hell with it, who cares.
alfert

Post by alfert »

I think it looks really nice...
Keep up the good work :D
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons ?
Jarmo

Post by Jarmo »

Just a few pictures in here, since Dec 2004:
http://www.plasticwhore.com/volvo
Rogge

Post by Rogge »

pinstriping is something i'd like to learn! really cool stuff :)
Kvalitet är att kunna fixa allt själv!

Volvo OneFourtyFive NineteenSixtyNine

Mitt 145 projekt
KRM

Post by KRM »

Hello Jarmo, and welcome. I've been waiting for a project thread since I first saw the car on Overdrive.fi :D

Keep up the good work. I'll follow the thread.
Jarmo

Post by Jarmo »

Hehe...cool:)
Looks like the world is still small.